Wednesday, February 23

Smoke Signals

I've been doing a lot of design work in Adobe Photoshop and
Adobe Flash (both CS5) lately for class and it's got my mind thinking about patterns
 and colors and graphics and layouts pretty much all the time.

I've been really busy with school and internship work lately so I
spend a lot of time at home doing work. Of course no 'stay in and study' night would
be complete in my apartment without some
incense, soft tunes and a hookah.


We bought my hookah at a store in Lokhandwala Market, one of the many markets
of Mumbai, that was filled to the brim with bright, colorful, beautiful
glass hookahs. Big hookahs, and small hookahs, and skinny hookahs, and fat
hookahs and ohmygawd so many hookahs.

DELICIOUS HOOKAHS. Glorious day! I seriously felt like I had died
and gone to heaven. We (my brother, my mom and myself) finally
decided on a beautiful dark blue glass hookah. I am proud to say that it survived the
journey from Mumbai to Brussels to New York and finally to Miami in my
 suitcase. SHWANANA. It also survived my 21st birthday bash at Casa de SpinnZinn
(which may or may not be more dangerous than going through multiple airports).




I have discovered that I have this strange obsession with smoke. I love incense, I love candles, I love my hookah and I realized the other day that I painted a design on my living room wall that looks like smoke. There's something about watching the smoke make patterns in the air that just hypnotizes me and gives me a sense of calm. I'm really enjoying these smoke
signals in my life at the moment.... everyone needs
a little something to bring them back down.

No comments:

Post a Comment